My Brasov

Situated in one of the most accessible areas of Brasov offering to its visitors a sense of freedom a...

Location Overview

Situated in one of the most accessible areas of Brasov offering to its visitors a sense of freedom and ease to reach the business center, the cultural heritage of the city; plus the added bonus of being able to escape the swiftness of city life by escaping to the most famous Romanian mountain resorts.

Brasov as your Destination


When most travelers think about Romania, the image that comes to mind is the spooky legends that surround the region of Transylvania with Dracula and vampires. For this reason, the biggest stopping point in the country for tourism is the city of Brasov, a largely renovated town that is in the heart of the Carpathian Mountains.

Brasov is told to be one of the best preserved cities in all of Europe. It was restored to the delight of an increasing number of tourists on the basis of this rehabilitation process of the old monuments such as churches, facades, bastions. That way, Brasov gained its position of being amongst the most cherished city for the leisure tourism.

The legends and the myths that surround the town are presented in the range of events (Medieval Festival, Oktoberfest, Junii Festival). The Bran Castle follows the legend of Dracula, while the Palace in Sinaia, former royal residences stand as symbolic point of attraction.

Before planning a trip to beautiful Brasov, you should do a little bit of research and figure out the best ways to spend their time while here. We did it for you; below you can find the main attractions.

Nearby Attractions

  • Blacksmiths' Bastion (5km)

    An unkept building stood on this place as early as 1521. It was twice damaged by floods, first in 1526 than after reconstruction, in 1667. 21 yeas later, in 1668, it was devastated by the Great Fire. Amongst the many valuable documents, the earliest letter written in Romanian is also preserved here, a rhymed letter written in 1521 by merchant Neacsu of Campulung.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • Brasov Fortress (5km)

    In 1524 a semi-circle tower was built here, and then the place was surrounded by a wall. In 1625 the 81m deep well was rebuilt in the inside yard. The square fortress, whith Italian bastions on its corners and watchtowers, has got one entrance.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • Catherine's Gate (5km)

    Katalin's Gate, one of the oldest gates in town but undeniably the most beautiful is still preserved in its original state. In the course of history it used to be known under several names: Felső (Upper) gate, Corpus Christi and Saint Catherine, which is used today.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • Drapers' Bastion (5km)

    The Drapers' Bastion was built by the goldsmith guild during 1450-1455. In 1640 that the weavers' guild took over the bastion. The circle shaped fortress is 16 meters in diameter and 19 m high.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • Furriers' Bastion (5km)

    The Furriers' Bastion was built around 1452 and the city assigned the furriers' guild to its protection. The semi-circle shaped building faced the Drapers' Bastion to which it was connected by a corridor on the outside wall.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • Gallery-Art Museum (5km)

    This beautiful house built at the beginning of the XX century houses the fine art museum. Its walls are covered by such famous XIX century painters like Gheorghe Tătărescu, Theodor Aman, Sava Hentia, Constantin Lecca, and Nicolae Grigorescu. The museum also exhibits wood and glass paintings. Ioan Andreescu's work is exhibited in a collection of 36 paintings. There are also statues made by Cornel Medrea, Ion Jalea, Ion Irimescu and Dimitrie Paciureade.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • Graft Bastion (5km)

    The bastion located on the bank of Graft breaks off the momotony of the surrounding wall. It was connected to the White Tower by a drawbridge. The two storey building, relying on the surrounding wall, was built bewteen 1515-1516, and was severely damaged in the 1809 storm. Two of these were demolished in 1902.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • Hirscher House (5km)

    The house built in 1545 has had several names during history like: Merchants' House, Hirscher house. Nonetheless, it was the largest building in town and its 67.5 height represented the commercial power of the town.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • Muresenilor House (5km)

    Inside the Muresenilor House, the place that used to be the editorial room of the Gazeta Transilvaniei newspaper published in 1838, functions as the Muresenilor memorial house since 1968. The manuscripts of the Mureşianus are kept here as well as the letters written by those who worked for their newspaper. The documents related to the national anthem are also kept here, since, it was Andrei Mureşanu who has written it.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • Neolog Synagogue (5km)

    The first Jew families settled in Brasov in 1807 with the consent of the town council. They numbered 769 in 1890, while at the end of the last century there were around 6000 Jews. During WW the Jews were safe in Brasov, they were not sent to death camps, though many of them were despised, excluded from commercial life, children were banned from schools, and in 1941 the synagogue was robbed.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • Reduta House (5km)

    The old stone theatre, the Redut –after the Viennese ballroom- was a magnet for entertainment as early as the XVIII century. The famous Tardini and Pascaly groups performed here between 1865 and 1868, having such audience as the great Romanian poet Mihai Eminescu.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • Rope Street (5km)

    The alley between Cerbului-, and Poarta Schei Streets is already mentioned by documents dating from the XVIIth century as a street which aided the work of firefighters. More daring people even assert that this is the narrowest street in Europe. One thing is certain: with its 111 and 135 cm alternating width it is known as the narrowest street in town.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • Ropemakers' Bastion (5km)

    The Ropemakers' Bastion, on record since 1416, was substantially damaged by the 1461- and 1689 fires, thus it needed reconstruction. The 2 m thick, stone and brick walls of the originally 10-12 m high hexagonal building fortified the southern side of the wall surrounding the city. After restoration the bastion was used for storage. In 1794 the guilt built a house inside the bastion. The apartments still stand today.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • Saint Martin Church (5km)

    Saint Martin Church is one of Brasov's oldest buildings. In 1395 King Zsigmond went to mass here. On one of the old doors the year 1522 can be seen, while the church bell has the following inscription: "Magister Andreas de brash, anno 1521''.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • Saint Nicholas Church (5km)

    The building of the church in the Bolgárszeg suburb started in 1495 with the support of Vlad Călugăru, ruler of Muntenia. It was built on the place of an older church from 1292.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • Schei Gate (5km)

    Schei Gate is right next to Ecaterina's Gate and was built in between 1827 and 1828 in order to let through heightened traffic. Ecaterina's Gate was built up then and since then used as storage. The stone and brick gate built in classical style has three openings. The middle arch, shaped for traffic, is larger, and on its both sides there are two smaller and lower openings for pedestrians.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • The Black Church (5km)

    The imposing building in the centre of Brasov was built during the 14-15th century. The construction started in 1383. The proportions of the Gothic Church laid out on the construction plan were huge: 89m long, 38m wide and 42m high.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • The Black Tower (5km)

    The Black Tower is an 11 meter high massive tower with a glass roof constructed in 1995. It was built in the XIVth century and survived two fires caused by lightning. After the first fire (1599) the tower was named The Black Tower.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • The Catholic Church (5km)

    The only baroque monument in town was built betwen 1773-1787 with the aid of empress Maria Theresa, in the place of the cherubic monastery, following the plans of József Károly Lamanch. The main altar is carved and gilded, the six side altars are also adorned with statues and paintings.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • The Council Square (5km)

    The former Markplatz square obtained its right to held markets in 1520, but it has been the place for annual markets since 1364 being visited by merchants from the country and abroad. The houses surrounding the square speak of a rich history.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • The County Library (5km)

    First it was the library of the Evangelical church that was transformed into public library. The town bought books as early as 1533. Janus Honter played an important role in developing the library, he also made the operation rules.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • The First Romanian School (5km)

    The opening of the first Romanian school in 1495 was an outstanding event. Each village chose one child who came to learn here, in order to become a teacher, notary or priest.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • The Honterus House (5km)

    In 1498 the great Saxon humanitarian Johannes Honterus was born in the house on nr 40 Nicolae Bălcescu street. The son of a Black street furrier- this is how the furriers' street was called- became the most known person in the middle age town. The designer of the first map of Transylvania, the author of The Latin Language and Portrayal of the World, the founder of the first press and higher education school in Brasov, as well as of the first paper mill in Romania, studied in Austria and Germany.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • The Honterus School (5km)

    The Honterus School was the first such tution the activity of which was governed by school regulations. The regulations were written by Johanes Honterus. The teachers of the school built in 1541, as well as its pupils came from the country and from abroad.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • The Museum of Ethnography (5km)

    The building which houses the folk museum was completed in 1902. Valuable pottery, glass, folk wear, textile, painted eggs, a collection of paintings about saints made on glass, metal or bone result in a 13600 piece exhibition. The artifacts are form the XVII-XX centuries from Bran, Bârsa, Rupea and Olt valley. The exhibition presenting the textiles tracks down the development of the industry from the handmade objects to the mechanized production.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • The St. Bartholomew Evangelical Church (6km)

    The St Bartholomew Evangelical Church is the oldest building in Brasov. Built in the 13th century its folk name was 'the maiden' due to a belief that the church was built at the initiative of three maidens who after their death left their entire possessions to the church.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • The Theater (5km)

    The first plays performed in town were staged by the Dominican order in 1500. In 1542 János Honterus implemented plays in the evangelical schools.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • The White Tower (6km)

    The White Tower was built in 1494 on top of a rock. Its straight side closing a semicircle faces the city. The tower has 5 stories and its height ranges between 18-20 meters, depending on the grounds it is built on.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR
  • Weavers' Bastion (5km)

    The bastion was built in two phases between 1421-1436 and 1570-1573. Part of it collapsed in 1701, thus it was reconstructed in 1750 and restored in 1910. The hexagon shaped building occupies 1.616 sq.metres and its thick (1.5-3m ) battered walls also have loopholes for pouring tar.
    Transportation: Type: taxi, Duration: 10 min, Cost: 3 EUR

Map